Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Not Quite To The Sea

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel smiled slightly, even at the other shivered, offering a gentle touch of reassurance to the younger mare, younger than even her own baby sister. And so she offered stories of her own, the kraken that had almost struck her down, had it not been for Shard. His memory still cut like a knife, as painful in mind as those last moment when he begged her not to leave, but he refused to close the distance between them, unwilling to journey any further from the pod - not even the few yards to embrace her when she needed his touch, his promise. He hadn't been there to give it, and it stung deeper than words could give. Thoses haunting calls between them, her begging him to reach out for her again like he used to, to chase her again, to be there for her again, and him calling for her return, for her to stay. But the distance remained, a trench that couldn't be crossed, and in the end, Bel had left, almost five years ago, Bel had left, and he didn't chase her.

But she had new reasons for life every day. Life in Terrastella was lovely, she had a swamp to call home, one she intended to create a real home out of. She had Yuki at her side, friends in all courts, and her sister had returned to her side, alive and well. It might not be the life she thought she would have when she was two and Shard professed his love for her, but it was a life she was proud of. But it didn't mean she didn't feel age creeping up on her. Eight now, and what did she have to show for it? Her people were romantics, and . . . she had no one. Jane's words on her parents life were alarming though, "That doesn't sound like a healthy example of a relationship to grow up seeing. Mates who do not speak are mates who cannot connect, not to each other, not to the lives they make. But the idea they would cast you aside for a new foal is a horrendous one. Do not let an ill-set family shroud your heart from the love of friends, though. We won't judge you for your past, flirting or not, and if you ever need anyone to just talk to, you can always come to me, I promise." She stood, water dripping from her body, trailing of her tail in small streams as she gently touched Jane's shoulder.

"Take pride in knowing you have become more than they could be. Don't chase away your emotions, how this has made you feel. Don't lock it down. You're allowed to be upset, to be angry, to scream and shout and cry. Whether that bond was there or not, they were family and family is supposed to love and support you. And if they won't do it, then others will do it for them. You are stronger than they are already. You can stand with your head tall, your shoulder's straight, knowing this. They cast you out, sent you away and you still wake up each day, you do what you need to, you socialize with others, you are strong because of that inner strength."

Bel took a step back gently, "And if they won't tell you, I will: I'm proud of you for being able to be that way, just keep swimming, one flip of the fins at the time and it will all work out." WHen the other spoke of her home, Bel smiled, "Little house on main street. I'll remember." Her gaze danced to the sky, the sun now at a lower position, "I must take off, now however. I promised Yuki we would go for a swim through the reefs." Her tone was apologetic, and she gently touched her muzzle, the ghost touch of fondness, to the other's shoulder, "I'll see you again soon, whether you come seek me out or the other way around. I've been meaning to learn more about Solterra anyways - I haven't seen too much of it yet. Until we meet again, Jane, be well." She instructed, even as she and Yuki turned and headed towards the Sea.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Jane
Notes:: Closed on my end <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-21-2021, 04:55 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-27-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Below Zero - 01-29-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: Not Quite To The Sea - by Jane - 01-30-2021, 11:25 AM