Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - From the Ashes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

daddy didn’t love you gotta burn it all down

Oh, indeed it was.

Memories clung like stubborn ghosts to every stone street and ancient hallway that filled Terrastella. The Court, the swamp, the cliffs, the fields… Songs unsung of troubled souls, glances of a better life, a better time... She understood. Luvena did not need to explain any further what truly drove her away from Dusk, because Israfel understood without the need for it. It was a familiar feeling, an unsettled feeling, a paltry dance of seeming like you belonged on one day, and then felt ostracized like a stranger the next.

The Sun Daughter would be a liar to say the idea of stealing away into the night to never return hadn’t crossed her mind a time or two… And the odd thing was she wondered if she would even be missed. Her temporary hiatus with the twins had seemingly gone unnoticed, and Israfel wondered how long it would be until someone did notice her absence.

Her relations and bonds with the members of Novus were abysmal at best. Who could she even count as a real friend? Marisol? Were they friends? Save for a few instances of shared flirtations, they hardly saw one another… And knowing that the Dusk Queen stole into the bed of the Day King was no secret. Bored tongues waggled, after all.

Snapping back into the present, the Sun Daughter’s ears flicked forward to focus entirely on Luvena. The gangly woman was troubled, there was no doubt, but it was clear she was trying. Israfel envied her.

“All these lands in Novus and you picked Denocte,” the Regent muttered, her disapproval apparent, “A damn shame. Your talents are wasted there, Lu.” It was a high compliment for Luvena and a dirty insult for the Night Court, but she didn’t care who knew it. Israfel’s disgust towards the denizens of Denocte had never been a secret. “So long as you’re enjoying yourself, I guess I should be happy for you.”

A pale brow arched as she mulled over the following inquiries. “Terrastella is… Terrastella. It’s the same as it’s always been.” Rather dull and mundane, quiet, and the winters were still unrelenting. Already the Sun Daughter yearned for warmer weather, and more than often she felt herself called to the hot burning sands of Solterra. The idea of joining them permanently was more than just a little appealing… “I can’t say that I’ve seen much of Elena, save for a quick visit, but I can imagine she’s been busy.”

From there, Terrastella’s Regent grew quiet. Vermilion eyes scanned their surroundings, watching the frozen river slowly pass them by. She really did hate this place… It was the last time she had seen him, their evening of passion never quite forgotten. Brows furrowing, rose-kissed lips turned down into a severe frown and she sighed.

“... We don’t know each other very well, Lu, but I really need some advice. As someone who’s been there… How did you know it was time to move on?” Even if Luvena’s idea of ‘moving on’ was moving to the absolutely worst Court within Novus itself. Honestly, Denocte could use with at least one person in their midst with an ounce of sense.

"Speaking."

@Luvena

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
From the Ashes - by Luvena - 09-20-2020, 05:35 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Israfel - 09-21-2020, 09:57 AM
RE: From the Ashes - by Luvena - 09-21-2020, 11:08 AM
RE: From the Ashes - by Israfel - 10-03-2020, 01:07 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Luvena - 01-01-2021, 03:30 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Israfel - 01-08-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: From the Ashes - by Luvena - 01-12-2021, 01:17 AM