Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - let the light shine

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Nikkayla [PM] Posts: 13 — Threads: 5
Signos: 1,815
Night Court Soldier
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  8 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 12  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Karsi (Polar Bear)

When she moved this time, Ciaran looked downward and watched, fascinated, as she settled her leg back upon the surface - not earth, not the ground for the starlight beneath her felt like it should engulf her if she stepped wrong. Yet as she took that step, as the sound of the solid material beneath her echoed inside the void, there was a burst of light around her hoof. A brilliant array, that trailed out and then was gone.

Not unlike the way that, at times along the shore of a nameless isle she had walked across, the water had boiled with bioluminescent life. When she had walked in it, it had been so bright it illuminated every part of her. Oh, she’d danced in those waves and now, Ciaran felt that same urge.

A figure clad in stardust and light was coming her way, trailing the magic in their wake - and Ciaran spun in place, feathered crest rising and her own tail drawing lines in the clouds, sending eddies of light circling away from her. She danced, standing upon hindlegs with neck arched, forelegs tucked as she spun in place and watched with mirth in her eyes as the nebula responded to her movement.

Iridescent light bloomed in the swirling clouds, as Ciaran was momentarily awash in the brilliance, but her eyes come down as the stranger had come near. Far brighter than her own, her eyes narrow a little so she might see the figure hidden in the light of the stars, but they appear like they are both made of the same - this one, and the glowing feline alongside the figure.

Ciaran cannot help but smile, as Karsi braves the dancing light to stand at her flank.

“It looks like the lights above my mountain that I called home. It feels like I’ve become one with the night sky and it feels so … right,” she says, as it had welcomed her with open arms in a way she’d never expected.

“What is Olympus?” She queries after a moment, as Karsi gives a small grumble in his throat. Ciaran trills quietly back at him, but her blues find the gold again.

“Apologies for my ill manner,” she says, more to appease her grumbling companion but feeling like she was in the presence of an unearthly being as well, “My name is Ciaran - the one who walks at my side is Karsi…”

@Orestes <3

contact is welcome - please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
let the light shine - by Ciaran - 05-28-2020, 07:56 AM
RE: let the light shine - by Orestes - 05-28-2020, 08:32 AM
RE: let the light shine - by Ciaran - 05-29-2020, 06:52 PM
RE: let the light shine - by Orestes - 06-03-2020, 08:03 AM