Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - Singing to me 'Glory'

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

A set of eyes had pinned him
Became his version of a kingdom
She's everything the devil can't be
When she's singing to me, "Glory"

Solaris knew where she was going. She had been there before, and this was no different. Overhead the Viride did the Phoenix fly, her magnificent body alight in flames and embers like a beacon cresting through the evening light. The cusp of twilight had begun to touch the evening skies of Novus as stars flickered to life in the expanse of the heavens, the encroaching darkness breathing life and light into her flames, but she was focused. Solaris had been given a task, and she would not stop until it was completed.

A simple order, a plea. ”Find him. Bring him to me.” Emotional and troubled in a way that Israfel was not meant to be. Leaving the Warden of Terrastella within the confines of the Amare Creek had been difficult, but Israfel had not wanted to travel. Solaris understood that only her bond-mate’s hope that Ulric would come to a friend in need would suffice.

If not? Then they would weather this storm together, but Solaris was confident that Ulric would not leave Israfel wanting.

Upon finding the blue roan stallion, the Phoenix swirled overhead, letting out a piercing shriek to gather his attention. She soared down, gliding with wings lit and churning with flames, and made to land just in front of the Warden of Delumine. Fierce pools of lavender stared hard at Ulric, letting him remember her and realize what she wanted, before tossing a scrunched up note of paper at his hooves. If he picked it up and read it, it would read something like,

’Hey, good lookin’. Be a dear and pay me a visit, would you? I’m at the Creek.’

The note itself wasn’t signed, but it didn’t need to be. Ulric was smart and he would understand. What he might not realize, however, was that the ink was smeared from drops of water, causing some of the words to be distorted. It had not been water, however, but tears. Yet he did not need to know that.

Only when he had read the letter did Solaris sweep back up into the evening skies in a flurry of feathers and fire. ‘Follow’, her flames seemed to say, guiding him in the darkness like a beacon, ‘follow’.

When Ulric arrives within the Amare Creek, nestled within the heart of the land and beneath the trees of vibrant oranges and yellows from the palpable kiss of autumn and winter, Israfel would be easy enough to spot. The Warden of Terrastella stood at the shore of the creek itself, an ivory and golden stain against the thick darkness creeping through the trees, gilded wings lax and loose at her sides. The woman’s gaze remained rooted into the passing body of water, watching the water as it twisted and curled through the riverbank. It was only at the sound of his approach, Solaris strangely vacant, that Israfel tore her gaze away to focus on the approaching stallion.

Despite the confidence in which she carried herself and the attempt at a rueful grin, the Sun Daughter’s lip quivered as tears, terrible, damnable tears, swam within glittering pools of troubled vermillion.

“Hey, good lookin’.”

"Speaking."
credits

@Ulric >_____>

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 03-31-2019, 11:42 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 04-08-2019, 05:13 AM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 04-15-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 04-28-2019, 10:38 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 05-06-2019, 08:12 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 05-13-2019, 01:00 AM