Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Oasis Retreat

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He finished plaiting her tail and ensured that they were all secured. Her mane was secured in tight plaits that had been twirled into small tight mounds of hair that sat atop her neck. Her tail was plaited and left to hang. “There we go, now you will be safe and tidy. You’ll still have your tail to help with the insects and balance” he said with a soft chuckle admiring his own work. In time he would tie his own hair back into this fashion, but for now he was far too distracted speaking to her. 

“Generally those with their hair fashioned in this manner are warriors, so it suits you well.” he said with a smile, his voice graveled and deep beyond his control. She hadn’t outwardly commented on his story. But she also hadn’t turned and ran herself back into the sands. So in a way that was a positive reaction, she also hadn’t flinched and recoiled at his touch. So he marked that as another positive. He felt like he was still learning to dance this game between souls, when the interaction wasn’t purely business he struggled. 

He had grown from his youth and even in recent years to be more patient. To push his temper deep down into the recesses of his gut. Just a short reach away if it was needed for reasons of warfare. There was no need in peace times to walk around like a raging bull. It aged those who did quickly, and it drove them to loneliness. He had seen what his father arrogance and incompetence had bore within their tribe. It had set Jarek up to fail, he would now not let the dead man's blood within him poison his chances at a better life. 

He could still feel elements of his past fiery and fresh beneath the recesses of his skin. He fought hard within himself to be better each day. To channel some of this energy into productive ventures. He moved slowly to stand side by side so that they were facing the same direction before continuing his story. 

The oasis itself would bare witness to his story. He had not told it ever in its completeness before. The mare the Veil nebula knew a lot of his history, in particular the next segment he was about to speak about. It was the freshest of his shameful moments. It would be the true test if she would be able to stand his company. Should then, know in truth the worst of his demons. 

“My birth tribe is loyal to the gods of the desert, Not Solis. Ancient faceless dust and sand devils. They are harsh and unforgiving, they play tricks on their followers and you never quite know what you would get from them. They haunt the dreams of their followers and steer their heads and minds in whatever directions the demons desire.” He stopped for a moment to consider how to proceed. 

“After the fall of my home, the devils rode my back and spoke to me. For many years we wandered searching for something of meaning. Searching for a particular mare that was their interest. They spoke of my fate and of the fate of the destined mare. You must understand their influence is overwhelming. All consuming. So when you are told, this is how it is…your mind is so well conditioned, it accepts it as fact and as stone.” His voice was soft as he spoke the words in the best way he could manage. This was far more raw to his emotion then the previous conversation. 

“The demons had directed me to a mare in Novus, painting my mind with obsession that also bled into my own desires. She was beautiful and seemed highly intelligent. I did not know her well, but how the devils showed her in my dreams and fed me all the nonsense to believe our fates were woven. The mare of course saw through this utter bullshit and wanted nothing to do with me.” he said with a soft chuckle feeling the heat of his embarrassment rising. 

“A prophetical mare called The Veil Nebula was my salvation. She knew Torielle well. Had seen the circumstances unfolding and intervened on my path to destruction. She helped me regain sense of my mind and see how I had been fooled. Safe to say, nothing has quite been the same since. Sometimes they still haunt my dreams, but I know they have no power. I am more powerful. I have been making better decisions for myself and trying to do better with each day. I’ve never truly been freer” he stopped for a moment, almost internally wincing waiting for her reaction. 

“Close friends provided me with the information of the lands of Solterra and it sounded like just the place to start anew. Living life making my own way, not under the direction of any devil. A desert just like my previous home. Solis seems reasonable, but I can’t say I have a meaningful relationship with him yet. They say he favors this place and warriors alike.” he said softly, letting the nervous smile draw to his lips. 

There. She knew it all. He had perhaps bore his soul too early in this interaction. It had been bubbling up within him since the conversation about who he was had started. It would have been difficult to contain at that point. Knowing all of his skeletons and demons she could make her choice. If it was all too much, he figured he’d simply never hear from her and she’d flee his company. 

“I do not know what Vespera looks like. But she must be very pretty.” he said with a soft smile. This was an awkward attempt at a direct complement. She looked fierce with her hair tied in a warriors style, standing within the waters with him. He only hoped that she would accept him for who he was. “So now you know all my dirty secrets.” he said with a chuckle, feeling once more awkward within himself.

OOC: <3

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Played by Offline Mouser [PM] Posts: 34 — Threads: 10
Signos: 855
Dusk Court Soldier
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

There was no immediate answer, just Jarek quietly working on binding her tail, and Phoebe bit her lip worriedly. He had offered, but was he now not ready to answer? Had she reacted incorrectly by asking to know this other piece of the story he'd hinted at? He seemed to her to stall for time, finishing his handiwork and allowing his telekinetic hold upon her tail to slip away, leaving the hair there plaited into a long, thick, deep purple whip. She tried to swish it, felt the new heft to it bound up together as it was, and smiled all the brighter upon realizing her new look was styled like that of a true warrior. Would any others who saw her like this recognize it too? Could there be no denying anymore her status as a soldier for as long as she kept her hair this way? Phoebe could only hope.

She tried, in vain, to see her reflection in the pool, wanting to know the overall effect for herself, but the water's movements created too many ripples for a clear picture. Her incredibly distorted mirrored image stared back at her, or so she assumed, and as she watched her shape upon its surface she saw Jarek's turn to join her, coming to stand side by side with her reflection--with her. Phoebe turned her head then, tipping it back to stare up into his face and pouring her joy and gratitude into her beaming smile. "Thank you. Jarek." For accepting her as a peer. For pampering her with a bath and giving her a warrior's look. For trusting her with his story. For the rest of it she was soon to learn.

Her patience and silence was rewarded when he finally did pick the tale up again, introducing the devils of his home, the deceitful "gods" who had led him astray. Phoebe hung on his every word, trying to wrap her mind around the influence these devils had, how they had managed to send this strong stallion racing off at their whim, binding him to a stranger. She shouldn't have been, but a little part of her was jealous. To have such a beautiful stallion pursuing her with single-minded determination...was it wrong for her not to necessarily view it as a bad thing? He seemed to believe it was, a visible shame overcoming him as he admitted to following these devils without hesitation. They had been trusted, they were supposed to help him; as far as she was concerned, it wasn't him at fault but these "gods."

But he had defeated them, continued to defeat them, and was now pursuing a life of his own creation in the desert. Even if she didn't quite grasp the attachment to the desert--it was just so hot--she did recognize this as a large bit of progress toward reclaiming what was his. He, however, only appeared to be a bundle of nerves now, each movement and phrase taking on a nervous, self-conscious quality that Phoebe recognized rather quickly. She often acted the same when she'd said too much or said the wrong thing entirely. Not even the compliment seemed to settle them for the stallion. Trying to ease his nerves, she reached out and gently touched his broad, damp shoulder with her pale muzzle, a little nudge. "Sounds like Solis is a better choice. I don't know him--or even Vespera--very well, but it seems like they leave a lot of room for us to figure things out on our own." Which, she assumed, was exactly what Jarek needed now.

She fell quiet, momentarily uncertain what to say to lift the nervous stallion's mood. It was so odd seeing him, this big, burly brute, fidgeting and lacking the confidence he'd exuded so naturally when she'd first walked up. Deciding it best to perhaps trade a story for a story, she drew in a little breath and spoke. "My home didn't quite work out either. My parents were really nice and sweet, and the herd lived very comfortably, but..." Phoebe shook her head. "When I mentioned wanting to learn how to fight, that I wanted to join the soldiers, they all got very worried. They tried to talk me out of it, saying I would get hurt and I should leave that work to those who were bigger and stronger than I was. Instead, I ended up leaving." She went quiet again, a little of her own hurt resurfacing though she was careful to soothe it back down. "It's been so different here. Vespera might not love soldiers the way Solis does, but Dusk has been nothing but supportive." She couldn't begin to express how grateful she was to her court for their encouragement and validation.

Shifting a little where she stood, the sunset mare felt a little chill steel over her from the cold of the water but otherwise didn't move as she considered their individual predicaments. "Hm. Guess we both ended up where we needed to be, right?" Phoebe smiled, hoping, despite the shame and embarrassment from his past, that Jarek too could find some solace in his progress and look to a brighter future--whatever shape that took.

ooc: @Jarek

Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek

Her gentle touch caught his attention. The fluttery feelings in his guts were unfamiliar. It stirred deeper, more than what he could truly understand. He wouldn’t let his mind utter thoughts of fate and of destiny. That was not reasonable. That's not how the world worked. There was no way that it had been crafted in such a manner that they would meet at this time, for the benefit of them both. The prophetical mare had said in fated meetings both parties would feel the touch of it. It seemed that Phoebe was not frightened by his revelations. He felt accepted. 

He had felt so used to previously filtering himself to be more acceptable. In the days of his previous life. Everything had to be proper and in place. How quickly that had fallen to shambles when he had started his journey across the desert, not a single grain of sand had felt truly in place. Now standing in the oasis with Phoebe the world felt somewhat brighter, more hopeful. Each step since meeting the mare Veil nebula had felt clearer and more decisive. 

He would not be possessive of Phoebe, he knew this deep in his bones. But he would not let her slip through his grasp like grains in an hour-glass. As much as he knew fate wasn’t something for him to worry about, he felt this connection with her. It was as though his deepened blackened hide was the absorption of the warmth of the sun itself, and she bathed in the colour of the sunset was his match. Together in their contrast they matched perfectly. She would maybe be the balance he had sought for so long. 

He listened to her story, careful to reserve any judgment as she had done with his. She had killed no one, she had harmed no one. They had harmed her. His irritation rose quickly directed towards her family. “It is foolish to not train each and every soul to defend themselves. Those who desire training should be allowed to have it. Parents who wish to protect their children should train them from a young age. If they desire more that should also be embraced. I can see the fire in your soul Phoebe, there is more to skill than size. It takes all kinds to have a balanced court. I am sure you are quite lithe and fluid in your movement, and if you haven’t mastered that; it will come in time. I can see your potential.” His tone was warm but serious. He felt his own passions on this very topic rising. Now was not the time for a lecture of his personal beliefs about warfare. 

At her last comment he couldn’t help but chuckle. “They would be foolish to not be supportive of you. In a land not dedicated to fighters you are precious.” he smiled warmly. 

When she spoke of both of them being exactly where they needed to be. He sighed softly and reached to gently press his large forehead against her own. This was the same way in which he had been comforted. It felt natural and normal, and he desired this connection with Phoebe. He would be the sun and she would be the sunset. Perhaps this was what fate felt like?

OOC: <3

Dusk Court Soldier
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Winter]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

It surprised her, the quick answering irritation that stole through Jarek as she explained the situation from her home that led to her being here in Novus. But of course he would take offense to what happened. He, unlike anyone in her old herd, was a true warrior, a fighter through and through, capable of recognizing another warrior when he saw one--and he'd accepted her as one from the moment she claimed the title. He spoke with a practical mindset, an ability to find use in any and all capabilities when it came to war and conquest, and though it was all stated with an unbiased authority, Phoebe couldn't help taking it as a personal compliment. It thrilled her to know that he saw worth in her, potential as a soldier, and only served to bolster her resolve to continue training. She wanted suddenly, very much, to prove him right.

The sound of his smiling chuckle, once again carefree as his worries slowly and visibly eased away, made her heart leap, skip, almost as much as his praise did. It was such a lovely feeling to have that sort of power, to say something that could make nerve-rattling insecurity disappear in the space of a moment. Was it too soon for her to think she'd gained that power over him? To know that her opinion, her words, meant so much that they could turn his mood around? Maybe not. After all, she couldn't deny she was already placing great weight behind what he said, making his praise and encouragement matter in a way that made her want to try even harder to succeed. It was a little scary, how quickly the feelings came over her, as if they might drown her, but the little sunset mare didn't fight. No. She hadn't felt anything like this before, and curiosity was certainly getting the better of her.

Her bright eyes were fixed on his face, dreamily studying his expression, the curve of his smile, the gentleness in his gaze, the calm that had replaced the anxiety. She was ready to continue staring until he moved, reaching down to her, slow and soft, until his forehead pressed against hers. The breath in her chest caught as Jarek settled there, feeling the solidness of his touch, the warmth beneath his skin, and a little shiver stole through her with a jittery excitement that quickly melted into bliss. Phoebe sighed, audibly, as her eyes closed and she leaned into him, upward into him, returning the unexpected, innocent affection clearly. The gesture was so gentle, so sweet, that she couldn't help the big, giddy smile that spread across her muzzle, or the little tinkling laugh that slipped out of her as she sidled a step closer. What might it be like to nestle into his broad side, to tuck herself against him and know nothing in the world could touch her so long as she stayed there? Part of her wanted very much to know, but even that felt like a boldness beyond her.

Instead, she giggled again, a little sheepishly given the train her thoughts, and made herself break the contact with a sudden visible shyness. She didn't step away, however, only remained there within reach in the pool, feeling small and delicate in the soldier's great shadow. "I'm sorry, I-" Phoebe faltered. What was she sorry for, exactly? For pulling away? For not stepping in further? Her ears tipped back, embarrassed, and her tail swished through the water to expel nervous energy, but her smile remained. "I just...I don't know what to do around you." She laughed again, helplessly, apologetic, as she stared into Jarek's face, his beauty, with an awe and longing she didn't know what to do with. Would this be enough to leave with? Or would she haunted by their chance meeting and the little she had of him, desperately wanting more?

Another shiver, stronger this time, raced up her frame, and Phoebe gave her head a little shake. "Maybe I should get out of the water," she muttered, uncertain it would actually help but eager for something. She didn't wait for a response and began taking careful, slow strides to pull herself out from beneath the waterfall, out of the oasis, and back onto the stone surrounding it. Water ran down her legs, streamed off of her sides and tail, and she weakly tried to shake it off without too much effort. Standing there, she tried again to look upon Jarek, reluctant to leave him, and even second guessing herself in putting this little bit of distance between them.

ooc: @Jarek

Day Court Sovereign

Jarek

Being with her in the moment was easy. So long as he let himself linger in the moment. His mind dared not venture into the long term. That particular path of thinking felt dangerous. Jarek’s own history and personality traits could get him into trouble. Or worse yet, ruin the budding interaction that was clearly unfolding in front of him. It seemed like he had a real chance of building something meaningful? Jarek had often found himself jumping to conclusions, diving on head first and finding quicksand. Recently; that has changed for the better. But old habits are difficult to break.

The contrast of her absence against his flesh was searing cold. Her nervously shy reaction caused concern to slide up his spine. Had he overstepped things? She had seemed to welcome his touch. Perhaps it was simply getting too cold within the water. The waterline had of course come up much further on her body.  He listened to her words now. 

He contemplated briefly meeting her gaze gently and holding it while he replied “There is no need to consider that so deeply, just be. In the moment. There is no need to be sorry. This is a rare moment in which we can just…be. If we desire it, there can be other moments too.” 

In another time he wouldn’t have thought of using such phrasing. It felt almost like he had been walking in a dream. He hoped that she would feel that he was speaking from his soul. He wasn’t quite sure what exactly it was about Phoebe, but he felt some of his natural walls fall in her presence. Perhaps it was that she wasn’t intent on shattering them, that on some level he felt in tune with her. Destined warrior souls on a similar path in life. One with the Sun and the other with the setting sun. He wouldn’t let this special meeting slip away like grains of sand on the breeze. 

As she commented that she should maybe get out of the water, he turned to follow her out of the water. With his telekensis he aimed to help push the water off her coat to help her dry faster for her journey home. “Perhaps, the sun will set soon and dusk will wonder where you are. It‘s no good running covered in water

OOC: Sorry this feels a little clunky <3 perhaps this is a natural draw to an end of this thread? 

Dusk Court Soldier

Other moments. Oh, how quickly her mind was ready to run away with the thought, already placing the two of them together in the few locations she was familiar with, in scenes that once had seemed so simple and even mundane. To have him keeping pace with her in the swamp, chasing each other through the fields, even showing him the grand citadel and its impressive height. He was new; surely all of it would impress him, all the wonderful and interesting aspects of her home that had endeared her to the place. Not to mention Dusk's people. Would they be impressed by him, by his obvious aptitude and the fact he'd taken notice of her? It may have been too soon to think it, their acquaintanceship so new and so wholly undefined, but Phoebe was taken by the possibilities and found herself eager for the next even before this one was over.

He didn't try to talk her out of the leaving the pool of the oasis, no indication of protest or disappointment, but did follow her, joining her on the stones in the sunlight. Her first real and proper look at him, all of him, outside of the water, nearly stole her breath away. Jarek was a giant, large and broad and finely sculpted. Phoebe could see now, more clearly than before, the stone-like growth adorning his midnight hide, glinting with the same watery sheen as the rest of him. He seemed even more magical standing there, shimmering in the sunlight, a slight wave trying to return to his wet mane. She didn't bother to hide her admiration--no doubt he'd recognized it by now--and instead let herself enjoy the sight of him with a vague smile. Just be in the moment...

...which was still a little difficult to do when he was touching her. Not that she was bothered by it--quite the contrary. For just a second, she tensed when she felt his telekinetic touch on her, gentle but firmly smoothing the water out of her coat. It was, in its own way, a bit like a massage, and Phoebe let herself relax into it, eyes closing yet again as she focused on the feeling, the coolness left behind as the water was slicked away and the fading sun tried to dry her further. "Right...I should be getting back soon." What he said was absolutely true; delays could only serve to worry those who might notice her absence. Her court had been too kind to her to justify putting them through that, no matter how much a little part of her was tempted by the thought of staying longer, staying later, keeping Jarek's company for as long as he would have her.

Other moments. Her eyes opening, Phoebe looked up at the dark, brawny soldier with hope in her expression, drawing upon a little smile. "Do you spend a lot of time here?" The question tumbled out of her without fully thinking it through, and realizing a little clarification would help, she tried again. "I mean...I'd really like to see you again. If not here, then...anywhere." She laughed, a bit of nerves creeping into the sound at her own forwardness. He seemed so easy and sweet in her company--she couldn't be wrong to think he would be happy to meet up later...right?

ooc: @Jarek Yeah, this one feels about done. They'll definitely have more!

Day Court Sovereign

Jarek

Standing with Phoebe in the oasis with the setting sun was surreal. It drew his attention how well her pelt suited her court. She was beautiful and painted in the colours of the setting sun. It was an interesting thought to Jarek that he had met a mare coloured like the setting sun, in the oasis dedicated to Solis the guardian of the sun himself. And like the setting sun, she would soon withdraw back to her own world. 

Her attention made him feel inflated. It reassured him that choosing to come to Solterra had been the right choice. Solis and his preferences, and his lands appealed to Jarek in such a fundamental way. It was the grains of sand that he knew he could shape himself a future from. To now meet this mare, Phoebe. The pieces had seemed to be falling into place around him. Perhaps the mare the Veil Nebula had been correct all along, he had no control over fate. Was this fate meeting her here?  It was easy to become momentarily lost in thought while tending to her. 

He felt a connection, he struggled to not over assign importance to it in his mind. Perhaps it was simply hormones and good compatibility, but it felt real. It felt like he had been building up to this very meeting. How easily he had told her his entire story while caring for her mane. Perhaps this was the feeling of entwined spirits that had been spoken of. Whatever it was. It was precious. He could see now the contrast between this feeling and the one of Torielle. He could feel that this experience only cemented in his mind how wrong he had been in the past. 

“Phoebe, I am here often. But if you wish to see me, I am not hard to find. I am staying above the tea shop in the day court.” he said with a soft chuckle. “I am sure we will meet again. I will ensure we do.” he said, feeling his own emotions soaring. He sighed softly and smiled before continuing to speak. “My past makes me wary of fate, but it feels like we are truly blessed to have met here today.” He usually had difficulty being forward with expressing his emotions as they weren't always received well. Phoebe’s presence seemed to calm the roaring storm that was forever raging within the rocky stallion.

OOC: I am very much looking forward to watching Phoebe's influence and relationship with Jarek <3 I think its safe to say his now thoroughly obsessed. 

Dusk Court Soldier

The little mare's magenta eyes glittered at the smiling response her forward question received, some part of her relieved for the positive reception but another, stronger part of her elated to know that he'd given his answer so readily. Surely it had to mean that he was enjoying her company, that he enjoyed her, and that this chance meeting was important enough that he would be happy to spend more time with her in the future, to see where it brought them next. Phoebe felt as if she stood on the precipice of something, something big, something grand, waiting to consume her--and yet she felt no fear. There was only an eager expectancy, a desire to meet this fate head-on, an anticipation of so many good and wonderful things. How could she possibly fear this unknown when, looking up into Jarek's expression of gentle stone and burning ice, she felt only magic and safety?

I am sure we will meet again. I will ensure we do. She felt her heart somersault in her chest and a wide, wide grin stretch across her face. There was no withholding the giddy little laugh that bubbled up inside of her even just knowing that Jarek would put in this sort of effort to see her again. She had to be the luckiest mare in the region, the most important mare in the world, to receive this sort of attention from someone like this. A mortal who rivaled the beauty of the gods, a magnificent creature of strength, power, and ambition. He was everything from her most mesmerizing daydreams, sculpted from the most ethereal fantasy and placed solidly upon the earth--directly in her path. And he wants to see me again! Stifling another giddy laugh, Phoebe made herself clear her throat and tried to master her excitement behind a restrained nod, "I look forward to it." Vespera help her, was that an understatement.

She tried again to reassure herself that there would be more time later, more moments such at this one going forward, though all her thoughts momentarily stopped when the Day Soldier commented upon their blessed meeting. Blessed. Could...could the gods have had something to to do with this? With their meeting? Was this, like all the other happy circumstances that had surrounded her of late, be some product of Vespera watching over her and not simply inexplicable luck? It was a strange thought, but she grasped onto it quickly, hoping there was truth to it. "I think you're right," she answered with a thoughtful, assured nod, "there was definitely something...magical, about this." Whether that was Jarek's own gravitational magnetism or some otherworldly influence of the gods... Phoebe wasn't sure she cared either way.

The majority of the water was nearly gone from her sunset pelt and remained only as a cool dampness across her hide now. Her mane and tail were still wet, but with both bound the water was less of an issue--if anything they would help her stay cool during her trek back home. She glanced once in the direction of the horizon--not the mountains she needed to climb, but toward the sun, gauging how much time she had. Not enough; she doubted it would ever be enough now. With a little regret, she turned to look at Jarek again and momentarily cursed their large height difference. If she could have reached up and placed her forehead against his again, she would have. Instead, hoping he would welcome the gesture, she stepped into him to place her forehead against his shoulder, not simply her muzzle now, resting the whole of her white star and forelock upon him.

"Until next time?" Phoebe asked softly, seeking one last promise, testing boundaries, and making clear just how much this--whatever this was--meant to her.

ooc; @Jarek

Day Court Sovereign

Jarek

The hesitation to part was palpable, he felt it too. It hung between them like a heavy fog, like thickly woven threads that refused to be pulled apart. His mind reminded him that he could not be unreasonable. That he could not let himself fall into the depths of his own desires. They in truth would have the eternity of time before them to get to know each other. If it was fated it would happen. But he knew better than to trust his life to fate. He would ensure they would spend their days together. Their souls would be woven together whether it was fate or not. 

He listened to her words carefully, welcoming her embrace. Wrapping his much larger neck around hers. He would protect her now and forever. But he would ensure that she could also protect herself. He wouldn’t take that from her, he couldn’t. Her fiery spirit was clearly something that had drawn them together. The gods had matched them for a reason. 

“My dear” he said softly, snuggling her tighter “We have from now, until the end of eternity to get to know each other. There will be many next times.” he whispered to her softly. He could feel himself becoming more attached to her in every moment spent. Their souls were becoming entwined. This could only be fate, this could only be destiny. But it also felt so right and natural. 

He resisted the temptation to simply tell her to come back to the day court with him. He would not uproot her life and expect her to bend to his will. She was a creature of her own life and experiences. They had all the time in the world to get to know each other, nothing needed to be rushed. If it was as real and true as it felt it would stand the test of time. 

He felt his emotions rushing and conflicting internally. He felt the rise of his feelings of possessiveness as well as worry. He would trust that she could protect herself. He would trust that she would tell him if she was in danger. He would not let his emotions get the better of him. Doing so had never ended well in the past. He would not screw up this most precious interaction with his previous lifes behaviors. 

“You should get going before the sun sets any further.” he said softly but did not release her from his embrace. He couldn’t let her go.

Dusk Court Soldier

She couldn't be sure if it was her foolish heart that convinced her Jarek would reciprocate the contact or just a gut instinct, but Phoebe felt both react to his touch. Her heart surged, leaped, expanded to encompass the whole of him, burying this moment and his memory deep inside of her to be called upon later in a quiet moment of reflection. It was a seedling of her future, a future that had come upon her so suddenly, by surprise, and yet felt clear as crystal, a glimpse into what would be as opposed to simply one possibility of many. This certainty settled, solid and strong, within her middle, any traces of doubt or uncertainty so small, so tenuous, she couldn't even recognize them. Until the end of eternity...

Another step and she tucked herself against his shoulder, desperate to take more, and slid her cheek across his broad shoulder up toward his withers with a soft hum. Briefly, she felt the rough edge of something rocky but didn't recoil or shy; if anything, the roughness was grounding, reminding her this was real, this whole wondrous, awe-inspired moment. She really had found an Adonis among mortals. She really had caught his eye. And here he was, promising her a future in which she remained central to his attentions, where their blossoming attraction could grow and flourish. "I can't wait," Phoebe whispered in response, savoring every second while eagerly anticipating every one yet to come.

It became clear he wanted her to return home about as much as she wanted to now, something in his quiet voice speaking of reluctance. Or maybe it was how he didn't move an inch, still curled around her, holding in her place. A soft, airy laugh escaped her as she smiled, unable to express just how much she enjoyed knowing it wasn't just her who felt this way. And yet...he had a point. Other moments. Phoebe sighed into his pelt and slowly, slowly, drew her head back, tucking her chin regretfully as she finally tried to step back and out of his embrace. Her bright eyes tipped upward and searched his face hungrily, wanting to commit every detail of his expression to memory to tide her over until their next meeting.

She bit her lip briefly in a moment of disbelief before her dazzled, dreamy smile returned in full force. "It was nice to meet you. Jarek." Nice didn't even begin to do justice to what she felt in that moment, for him and their chance encounter. But somehow it seemed fitting, a little return to normalcy before going back to the real world outside of his magical oasis. Phoebe continued to look at him even as she began to turn away, her gaze lingering and feeling the distance already stretch out between them, but, bolstered by the knowledge they would meet again, the little sunset mare made herself turn away and begin the trek home, picking her pace up into a trot as if she could hurry into their next meeting already.

ooc; @Jarek eeeee I can't wait for their next thread <33

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »